By Roger B. Ulrich,Caroline K. Quenemoen
A Companion to Roman structure presents a finished assessment of the severe concerns and methods that experience reworked scholarly realizing in fresh many years in a single easy-to-reference volume.
- Offers a cross-disciplinary method of Roman structure, spanning expertise, historical past, paintings, politics, and archaeology
- Brings jointly contributions through top students in architectural history
- An crucial consultant to contemporary scholarship, overlaying new archaeological discoveries, lesser recognized structures, new applied sciences and area and construction
- Includes vast, updated bibliography and thesaurus of key Roman architectural terms
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best architecture books
Programming. structure is an easy and concise creation to the heritage of computing and computational layout, explaining the fundamentals of algorithmic pondering and using the pc as a device for layout and structure. Paul Coates, a pioneer of CAAD, demonstrates algorithmic pondering via tasks and scholar paintings collated via his years of educating scholars of computing and layout.
Whereas many fields fight to specify female contributions, the paintings of ladies has regularly performed a primary position in American panorama structure. girls declare accountability for lots of panorama varieties now taken without any consideration, together with group gardens, playgrounds, and streetscapes. This number of essays by way of leaders within the self-discipline addresses the ways in which gender has motivated the heritage, layout perform and conception of landscapes.
In 1907, William and Florence Sloane started development on a five-room summer time cottage at the banks of the Lafayette River in Norfolk. Over the process 30 years, they'd extend their domestic from its origins as a summer time retreat right into a 42-room Arts and Crafts mansion nestled on 12 acres of gardens and grounds.
Explores the architectural treasures of the Southern-Central quarter of latest York's Adirondack Park and areas them within the context of Adirondack heritage and tradition. The Adirondack structure advisor, Southern-Central zone offers a qualified and insightful survey of the outfitted surroundings of a special quarter inside New York’s Adirondack Park.
- The Guardian of Gobeklitepe: The World's Oldest Temple
- Untimely Ruins: An Archaeology of American Urban Modernity, 1819-1919
- Designing Our Way to a Better World
- Architecture For Dummies
- Redeveloping Industrial Sites: A Guide for Architects, Planners, and Developers
- Understanding Islamic Architecture
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Roger B. Ulrich,Caroline K. Quenemoen